Sierra Madre, CA. - April 22, 2014 - Grab your friends and neighbors and sign a team up for the City of Sierra Madre’s 2014 Summer Adult Softball League! The season begins mid-June and runs through the end of August with an anticipated start date of Wednesday, June 18. Games are held Wednesday evenings from 6:00-10:00pm, and Sundays from 12:00pm-10:00pm (due to a regional little league tournament games may fall on days other than the regularly scheduled). Games are played at Heasley Field, 611 E. Sierra Madre Blvd. The Sierra Madre Adult Co-Ed Softball League is divided into an “A” league geared towards the competitive participants, and a “B” league for recreational competition. All players must be over 18 to play. The champions of each league receive t-shirts.
Registration can be done as a team or as a free agent. The cost to participate is $458 for a team and $46 for a free agent. Teams must register in person at the Community Services Office, 611 E. Sierra Madre Blvd. Deadline to register is Thursday, May 15. Free agents can register online, www.cityofsierramadre.com/onlineregistration, or in person. Deadline to register is Monday, June 2. PLEASE NOTE - the process for signing up as a free agent has changed this year.1. Signing up does not guarantee a spot in the league; free agents will be added to teams as needed and space permitting.
2. Free agents will not pay a fee at the time of registration. If a free agent is placed on a team, the fee will be collected by the City of Sierra Madre at that time.
3. Team managers will be notified of available free agents once they sign up. Team managers will have access to selecting a free agent from the roster on a first come first serve basis.
4. Team managers can select from the roster based on their team level and gender needed; however, they must add the first available free agent that meets these requirements.
5. The last day to add a player is by the first game. No players will be added after this point.
6. Free agents not added to a team for the season will be kept on the free agent roster for the following year or until the free agent asks to be removed from the roster.
Due to limited field space, registration is limited. Be sure to sign up early and don’t miss out on the 2014 season! For more information please contact the Community Services Department at 626-355-5278.