The Development Services Department is made up of the Planning, Zoning, and Building & Safety divisions.
Planning and zoning divisions are responsible for regulating the type, scale, and land use that may be established at a given location.
Building and safety division is responsible for structural and life safety concerns in the construction, demolition or alteration of buildings.
- Zoning Review - Reviews projects for compliance with City zoning codes.
- Plan Check - Reviews project plans and issues permits for all new development and renovation projects.
- Building Inspections - Inspects and issues certificates of occupancy for all construction projects.
- Historic Preservation - Advises about historic preservation issues.
- Environmental Compliance - Monitors and maintains documents and certifications for State and local requirements.
Service Counter Hours:
- Monday through Thursday 11:00am - 5:30pm
- Closed Friday
Development Services Department Brochure
2014-2021 Housing Element
2008-2014 Housing Element
Draft Massage Ordinance
R-1 Single Family Residential Development Standards
British Home Specific Plan
Second Unit Amnesty Program Application Information
Please complete the Second Unit Survey to assist the City in updating the Housing Element in our General Plan. You can download the survey, fill it out and return to City Hall by July 15, 2013.