Sierra Madre’s archives, housed at the Library, will be closed from August 5 through August 23, 2013, as materials are moved to the Library basement and the new Local History Room is set up at the Library. During this time the Digital Storyboards will be installed at the Library and the Richardson House.
Enjoy the photos of our Library Stuffed Animal Sleepover from July 10, 2013
Rob Stockly, Vice Chair of Sierra Madre Library Board of Trustees shares his story about the Library's eReader workshops. He explains how easy it is to download free eBooks to his iPad or any eReader device from the Library's eBook collection.
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, is the City’s 2013 One Book One City selection this February and a month of exciting free programs for all ages, with a World War II theme, is being planned at the Sierra Madre Public Library. Please join us at the library for the following free programs:
- Children’s Airplane Flying Contest. Saturday, February 2 at 10:00 a.m.
- WWII Historian - Dan King. On Saturday, February 9 at 10:00 a.m.
- Book Discussion Monday evening, February 11 at 7:00 p.m. & Thursday, February 21 at 11:00 a.m.
- WWII Veterans Share Their Stories. On Saturday, February 23 at 10:00 a.m.
- WWII Aircraft speaker from Planes of Fame Air Museum in Chino, Thursday, February 28 at 7:00 p.m.
This fall our local READ™ campaign features Garrett Newsom, Planning Principal of Sierra Madre Middle School and Esther Salinas, Principal of Sierra Madre Elementary School.