Movies are shown the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month at the Hart Park House at 1:00pm. Join your friends for this twice a month program featuring the latest releases on the Hart Park House’s brand new 70” flat panel television! Seniors may bring food and beverages to enjoy and this program is free of charge. Attendees should park on Mariposa Avenue, Sierra Madre Blvd., and in the City Hall parking lot as Hermosa Avenue is closed to vehicles during this time for the Farmer’s Market.
A variety of exercise classes are offered at the Hart Park House at no cost. Classes include yoga, strength training, balance enhancement and dance.
- Chair Yoga: Every Monday and Wednesday at 11:00am, except the 3rd Monday
- Balance Class: 3rd Monday of the month at 11:00am
- Hawaiian Dance Class: Every Tuesday at 10:00am
- Strength Training: Every Friday at 12:45pm
Looking for legal or tax advice? The Hart Park House offers free consultations with professionals for seniors, in addition to free blood pressure testing.
- Blood Pressure Testing: The 2nd Tuesday of every month at 11:00am. No appointment necessary.
- Case Management Services Available: Beginning on October 9th, 2014, Case Management services from the YWCA San Gabriel Valley will be provided every 2nd Thursday of the month from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at the Hart Park House Senior Center.
- Legal Consultation: On Wednesdays once a month (Call the Hart Park House for the specific date and time). Appointments are required by calling 626-355-7394.
- Tax Assistance: Every Wednesday beginning in February and prior to April 15 at 1:00pm. Appointments are required by calling 626-355-7394.
Lunch and Learn
Every month the Hart Park House hosts a Lunch and Learn program. Past program include: maintaining driver independence by the DMV, fall prevention, history of Old Town Pasadena and changes to Medicare. If you have suggestions for Lunch and Learn topics in the future, contact the Hart Park House office at 626-355-7394.
The Hart Park House hosts both daily and monthly activities throughout the year. In addition to the regularly schedules activities, staff organizes holiday celebrations and special activities. Past activities include: brain games (memory testing games), technology seminars, CPR and AED instruction and vision and hearing screenings.
- Bingo: Every Tuesday from 1:00pm-3:30pm at the Hart Park House.
- Game Day: Every Thursday starting at 1:00pm at the Hart Park House. A regular group plays poker and other board games are available for use.