We welcome financial support as well as donations of books, your time or expertise. In addition we encourage you to join our support group, The Friends of the Sierra Madre Library.
- GIFT & MEMORIAL FUND – Honor or memorialize a friend or family member with a gift for the purchase of books, other library materials or special projects. Gift plates are placed in the selected items and acknowledgement cards are sent.
- Gifts for general use or for specific projects as arranged with Library Director.
- Donate to the Sierra Madre Community Foundation for the benefit of the Sierra Madre Public Library.
- FIRST READ program – Pay for a book you request for the Library's collection and be the first to check it out. Selection is subject to approval.
Donation of Library Materials
- New or used books, audio books on CD, DVDs or Playaways in good condition. Items not selected for the Library collection will be given to the Friends’ Best Used Book Sale to raise funds for the Library.
- Paperback books in good condition for the Paperback Exchange
- Current magazines in good condition for the Library’s Magazine Exchange.
Volunteers are needed for various positions at the Library and the Friends of the Library. Information and applications are available at the Library, Sierra Madre City Hall or online through the City's Volunteers Page.
Friends of the Sierra Madre Library
The FRIENDS group provides funds for the Library’s audio book, DVD, Music CD, Playaway, and book collections, reference databases, adult and youth programs, computer equipment, historical archives and special projects. Members receive a monthly newsletter.
Join the Friends of the Sierra Madre Library
Applications are available at the Library or online.
Donate to the Friends of the Sierra Madre Library
Donations can be made at the Library, by mail, or online.
- General donations
- Mary Tumilty Endowment Fund
- Sommer Scholarship
- Partner Program – for donors who pledge an annual gift of $100 or more
Attend and/or volunteer for Friends’ fundraising events
- Best Used Book Sale – held bimonthly in back of the Library
- Bargain Book Table – week-long book sales held in the Library throughout the year as announced.
- Annual Art Fair – a juried fine art fair held in Memorial Park in May
- Annual Wine & Gourmet Tasting – a gala event held at the Alverno Villa in February
For more information about the Friends, call the Library or visit their website: http://sierramadrelibraryfriends.org