Mulch reduces your water use by helping the soil retain moisture. Please click here
for regional locations to obtain free mulch for your landscaping.
State Rebate Programs
The California Department of Water Resources is offering a rebate program for the removal of turf or the replacement of toilets to single-family homeowners. Sierra Madre residents are eligible for these rebate programs.
$150 Rebate with Purchase of a High-Efficiency Washing Machine
The San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District is offering Sierra Madre residents a $150 rebate on the purchase of a high-efficiency washing machine. Benefits of the machine included: use of less water and electricity, uses less detergent, lessens wear and tear on clothes, less time needed in the dryer- it ultimately saves money.
Steps to Claim the $150 Rebate:
Visit the San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District website.
- Read the rebate guidelines
- Review the eligible water-efficient washing machines
- Purchase washer at one of the preferred locations shown on the website, or at any store located in one of the four member Cities (buy locally to support local economy).
- Download, complete and mail in the rebate application along with a copy of the sales receipt.
- A check for $150 will be mailed to you within 6-8 weeks of submittal
Rain Barrel Rebate of up to $100
The San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District is offering a rebate up to $100 for the purchase of a rain barrel.
What is a rain barrel?
- It is a container that collects and stores rain water from downspouts and rooftops for future watering needs.
- A garden barrel, generally sized between 50 and 60 gallons, comes in a wide variety of materials, designs and colors.
Why use rain barrels?
- Help your community and environment.
- Conserve water and reduce storm water runoff.
- The collected water can be used for all your outdoor water needs or other household chores.
- It only takes a half inch of rain from the average-sized roof to completely fill a 55 gallon rain barrel.
For more information on how to claim your rebate click here
or call (855) 512 -1221.