Encroachment Permits

An encroachment permit is required to block any sort of public property including, but not limited to public sidewalks, public streets, public alleys or other public property.

Such prohibited items include goods, construction or landscaping materials, construction or landscaping equipment, boxes, barrels, hand-carts, hand-trucks, benches, seats, or furniture (whether indoor or outdoor), or any other article, structure (whether or not fixed to the realty) or substance which inhibits the use of the public property.

The applicant for any Encroachment Permit should be submitted to the Public Works Department Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 5:30pm or via email to [email protected] along with any necessary payment or deposit and proof of any necessary insurances.